Coalfields Telephone Calling Features
Thanks to the advanced technology of Coalfields Telephone & Broadband Company, your telephone is a telecommunications toolbox, packed full of the instruments you need to combat prank callers, save precious time, manage incoming calls, or just have some peace and quiet. Our line of Custom Calling Features is growing continuously so that we make sure we always have the tools you need.
Each of the Custom Calling Features listed here are designed to make your life easier and more convenient. When you subscribe to any of these features (there is a monthly fee for each feature), you will be given the tools you need to make easy connections.
How to use your Calling Features
Listed below are some easy steps on how to use our Calling Feature Services.
Call Waiting (click to open)
Lets you answer an incoming call while you are on the phone.
It’s perfect for: Ensuring you get all of your calls even if you have a talkative teen.
1. When you are on the phone, and hear a brief tone, depress the switchhook for half a second and release.
2. The second call will be on the line, while the first caller is on hold.
3. Depress the switchhook again to return to the first caller.
After you have finished talking with either caller, hang up. Your phone will ring and when you answer, you will be connected with the person remaining on the line.
Cancel Call Waiting (click to open)
Deactivates your Call Waiting.
It’s perfect for: When you are on the Internet or are using your modem for any reason.
1. Dial *70 to activate before going online. When you go offline, it automatically deactivates.
Teen Service (click to open)
Assigns two telephone numbers to the same line and gives a different ring pattern for each line.
It’s perfect for: Distinguishing your calls from your teen’s, personal calls from business calls or phone calls from fax calls.
1. Activation is automatic. The main line will ring normally, while the Teen Service line will have two short rings.
Calling Number Delivery (click to open)
Allows you to have a calling party’s telephone number displayed on a Caller ID display device between the first and second ring, which gives you an opportunity to decide whether to answer the call. (Caller ID may not work on certain lines.)
It’s perfect for: Knowing who is calling before you pick up the phone.
Calling Number Delivery Blocking (click to open)
Blocks your number from appearing on Caller ID display devices.
It’s perfect for: Maintaining your privacy.
1. Dial *67.
2. Listen for the dial tone and then dial the number you wish to call.
If the person you are calling has a Caller ID display device, they will see “Private” or “Anonymous Call,” depending on the device.
If you have a non-published number, your number is automatically suppressed. To release your number to be displayed on a Caller ID box, you must dial *82 on each call.
Distinctive Ring/Call Waiting (click to open)
Allows you to designate special telephone numbers so that calls from those numbers may be identified using a distinctive ring. It will also provide a distinctive Call Waiting tone.
It’s perfect for: Letting you know when a special person is calling.
1. Dial *61 and follow the recorded instructions.
Call Forwarding (click to open)
Great service for those subscribers that are on the go.
It’s perfect for: Receiving a call when you’re at another location. Call Forwarding lets you transfer your incoming calls automatically to any other telephone you can dial within the continental USA without the assistance of an operator.
1. Lift the receiver and dial 72.
2. Listen for a second dial tone and then dial the number to which you want your calls forwarded. Two short tones will indicate the number has registered.
3. When the other telephone is answered, Call Forwarding is in effect. Stay on the line for five seconds. If the line is busy or there is no answer, hang up and immediately repeat the first three steps. Call Forwarding will be established automatically when you hear two short tones plus a dial tone. No answer is required to activate Call Forwarding on the second attempt.
To cancel Call Forwarding, dial 73 and listen for two short tones and a dial tone.
CALL FORWARDING TIPS:
• Call Forwarding continues until you cancel it from your telephone.
• You can still make outgoing calls from your phone while Call Forwarding is established.
• A short ring will be heard whenever your number is called to remind you your telephone calls are forwarded. You cannot answer these calls.
• You pay applicable charges, if any, for calls forwarded from your telephone.
Three-Way Calling (click to open)
Adds a third person to a telephone conversation.
It’s perfect for: Planning events and conference calling.
1. Press the switchhook once for half a second and release. This puts the original call on hold.
2. Listen for three short tones, then a dial tone.
3. Dial the telephone number of the third person to be added. After the third person answers, you may talk with that person before returning to the original call.
4. To return the original caller to the line and complete the three-way conversation, press the switchhook once for half a second, and release immediately.
If the line is busy or doesn’t answer, cancel the three-way call by pressing the switchhook once. Continue the original conversation or try again.
To disconnect the original caller, the caller simply hangs up.
To add another person, repeat the first four steps after disconnecting one of the original callers.
Speed Dialing (click to open)
Stores from eight to 30 phone numbers for one- or two-digit dialing.
It’s perfect for: Maintaining a “frequently called numbers” list for local and long-distance calls, and for those who have trouble dialing because of sight problems or arthritis.
1. Listen for a dial tone, then dial the activating code (74 for the 8-number list, 75 for the 30-number list). If you are using a Touch-Tone phone, press the # key after you press 74 or 75.
2. Listen for a second dial tone, and then dial the code number you want to assign to a specific phone number.
3. Dial the telephone number. Two short tones confirm that the code has been programmed.
Automatic Call Back (click to open)
After attempting to call a line that is busy, this feature automatically checks the line every minute for 30 minutes, completes the call once the line is free, and alerts you with a special ring when the call is being placed.
It’s perfect for: The office, or home — wherever there is more than one thing going on at a time.
1. After placing a call that can’t be completed because the line is busy, hang up and then pick up the receiver and listen for a dial tone.
2. Dial *66 and follow the recorded instructions.
To deactivate: Hang up and then pick the receiver back up and dial *86. Some electronic phones will not provide a distinctive ringing pattern, however, the Automatic Callback feature will function with a normal ring pattern.
AUTOMATIC CALLBACK TIPS:
• When an Automatic Callback attempt is made to a line with Call Forwarding invoked, the request is denied.
• 800 and 900 numbers, and special service codes such as 911 and 411, are not permitted with this feature. Directory assistance calls and operator assistance calls are not permitted.
• Some PBX numbers may be directed to the PBX operator instead of the intended party.
Automatic Recall (click to open)
Redials the last number to call you.
It’s perfect for: Finding out who called you while you were away from your phone.
1. Pick up the receiver and dial *69.
2. An announcement will state the telephone number of the last calling party, and you will be instructed to dial 1 for Automatic Recall.
3. If the line is busy, this feature will attempt to place the call once a minute for 30 minutes.
To deactivate: pick up the receiver and dial *89.
• When an Automatic Recall attempt is made to a line which has Call Forwarding invoked, the request is denied. Automatic Recall attempts to a PBX are not permitted.
• The calling number will not be provided if the subscriber at the calling number has activated Calling Number Delivery Blocking, or Calling Name/Number Delivery Blocking.
• Some electronic phones will not provide distinctive ringing patterns; however, the Automatic Recall feature will function with a normal ring pattern.
• You may continue to make and receive calls while Automatic Recall monitors a busy number.
Selective Call Forwarding (click to open)
Allows you to selectively forward your calls from a predetermined list of numbers to another telephone number.
It’s perfect for: Anyone who doesn’t want to be tied to a telephone.
1. Dial *63 and follow the recorded instructions.
Anonymous Call Rejection (click to open)
Allows you to reject calls for which the calling party has intentionally blocked calling number or number/name delivery information.
It’s perfect for: Avoiding callers who want to be anonymous.
1. Dial *77 and follow the recorded instructions. Rejected calls are sent to an announcement that informs the calling party why the call was rejected.
To deactivate: Dial *87. *82 is used by the calling party that has intentionally blocked Calling Number or Calling Name/Number Delivery, to allow the individual call to not be rejected by Anonymous Call Rejection.
Selective Call Forwarding (click to open)
Allows you to originate a legal number trace on an incoming call even when the calling party activates a Call Block on their line.
It’s perfect for: Tracking down harassing or annoying callers.
1. After receiving a call which you want to trace, hang up and then pick up the receiver and dial *57. An announcement will inform you that the trace feature has been activated and provides you with instructions on how to proceed with or abort the trace. After the trace feature has been activated, additional instructions on follow up procedures will be provided.
Import Information about Calling Features:
- A report will be printed at our office which contains the date, time, your telephone number, and the calling party’s telephone number for use by legal authorities for possible prosecution.
- A bureau report is printed which requires the subscriber to obtain the county attorney signature before a report is released to the attorney for prosecution. There is a $7.50 charge for a bureau report.
- If you have Selective Call Forwarding activated, the call trace feature will not work.
- If you have Call Forwarding activated, the last call received prior to the activation of the trace feature will be traced.
- If a Call Waiting tone is received during a call that is to be traced, that number will be traced instead of the current calling number.
If you have questions about any of these features, or would like to sign up for one or more of the custom calling features, call our office at 478-9401 or 452-9401.